Smart farming is rising in importance due to the increasing worldwide population, the rising demand for excessive crop yield, the requirement to use natural resources expertly, the increasing use and composure of information and interaction technology, and the rising requirement for climate-smart agriculture under IoT solutions.
Smart farming is a management concept that gives the agricultural industry the framework to grasp advanced applications – containing extensive information, the cloud, and the internet of things (IoT) – for following, observing, self-operating, and examining actions under IoT solutions.
- Amongst the objections like extreme weather conditions, climatic changes, and environmental impact, IoT is eliminating these challenges and helping us meet the demand for more food under IoT solutions.
- The industrial IoT has been a hidden agenda behind increased agriculture production at a lower price. In the next several years, using Smart solutions powered by IoT will enhance agriculture operations under IoT solutions.
- A few recent reports tell that the IoT device installation will see a compound annual growth rate of 20% in the agriculture industry under IoT solutions. And the number of connected devices will grow from sport 13 million in 2014 to 225 million by 2024.
While talking about IoT solutions, akenza.io is the self-service IoT platform, allowing you to build great IoT products and services with value under IoT platforms. It connects, controls, and manages IoT devices in one place.
Akenza.io provides a cloud-based system that connects everyThing to the cloud.
Facts about smart farming:
- Smart farming and IoT-driven agriculture are assigning the groundwork for a “third green revolution,” which mentions the integrated application of data and communications techniques under IoT solutions. It includes devices such as precision equipment, IoT sensors and actuators, geo-positioning systems, crewless aerial vehicles, and robots.
- IoT technology helps control agriculture processes to reduce production risks and enhance the ability to foresee production results, allowing farmers to plan better and distribute the product under IoT solutions. Data about identical batches of crops and the number of crops to harvest can help farmers cut down on labor and waste under IoT solutions.
- Smart farming established on IoT technologies allows growers and farmers to decrease excess and increase fertility fluctuating from the aggregate of fertilizer appropriate to the number of journeys the farm vehicles have made and authorizing systematic utilization of resources such as water, electricity, etc.
- IoT Smart farming solutions is a system built for observing the crop field with the help of sensors and automating the irrigation system under IoT solutions.
The IoT-Based Smart farming circle
The key to IoT is the information you can draw from things and transfer over the internet. To develop the farming procedure, IoT appliances established on a farm should assemble and process information in a continual cycle that allows farmers to respond immediately to growing problems and changes in context situations under IoT solutions. Smart farming pursues a Cycle like this one:
Observation – Sensors record observational data from the crops, livestock, soil, or atmosphere.
Diagnostics – The sensor values are fed to a cloud-hosted IoT platform with predefined decision rules and models – also called “business logic” – that ascertain the condition of the examined object and identify any deficiencies or needs under IoT solutions.
Decisions – After issues are revealed, the IoT platform’s user and machine learning-driven ingredients decide whether location-specific treatment is compulsory and, if so, which.
Action – After end-user appraisal and step, the cycle repeats from the beginning under IoT solutions.
Needs of Smart farming
- Smart farming is a hi-tech and effective agriculture system and sustainably grown food. Smart farming is majorly established on IoT, thus eliminating the need for physical work of farmers and growers and thus enhancing productivity in every possible method under IoT solutions. It is a request to implement connected devices and innovative technologies in agriculture under IoT solutions.
- With the latest agriculture trends dependent on agriculture, the Internet of Things has brought huge benefits like a well-organized use of water, optimization of inputs, and many more under IoT solutions. What made a difference were the vast benefits that have revolutionized agriculture recently under Smart farming.
- IoT-based Smart farming improves the entire Agriculture system by monitoring the field in real-time. It checks various factors like humidity, temperature, soil, etc., and gives crystal precise real-time observation under IoT solutions. With the support of sensors and interconnectivity, the Internet of Things in Agriculture has saved the farmers’ time. Still, it has also reduced the extravagant use of water and electricity resources under IoT solutions.
IoT-enabled agriculture has helped implement modern technological solutions to time-tested knowledge. It has helped bridge the gap between production, quality, and quantity yield under Smart farming.
Data ingested by obtaining and importing information from the multiple sensors for real-time use or storage in a database ensures swift action and minor crop damage under IoT solutions. With seamless end-to-end intelligent operations and improved business process execution, produce gets processed faster and reaches supermarkets in the quickest time possible under Smart farming.